Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mode Du Jour, June 1951.

For your viewing pleasure today I have images from Mode Du Jour, from June 1951.

Doesn't the cover model look like Madonna?


 The gorgeous two piece ensemble above is a great, gathered bandeau and fantastic skirt with draped details.

You can get the look with this pattern.



This halter top bandeau look came into style in the mid to late 1940's and seams to have stuck around for the next decade.


You can get the look with this pattern.

Can you tell that I really can't wait for summer? We haven't seen the sun in 3 days now and it's REALLY getting to me...

5 comments:

  1. All the dresses are wonderful, but the drawings are just as fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little black and white playsuit in the second pic is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the cover dress interprets the Dior New Look. So chic, but so wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am green eyed with jealously! These are fabulous...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red and white dress with the lady in the red hat! Really gorgeous but really don't know how you would create it!

    ReplyDelete