Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pretty Little Jammies

Now that I'm feeling more back to normal I'm sewing like a fiend. Not only have I finished the tap pants but I sped my way though the burda young fashion pattern #7997. It's a camisole and shorts for sleepwear and it came out great. The shorts fit like a dream and the camisole, after some much needed embellishment came out so pretty!

I edged the bust with some cream metallic ruched trim and used a vintage length of cabbage rose lace for the front. The straps are vintage seam edging lace.




I used some vintage fabric acquired at my local thrift store. The fabric is a bit more sheer that I would prefer but it has a nice polished cotton sheen and print.  This pattern was very simple to use, and the shorts came out fitting impeccably. I will definitely use this pattern again!
 They are super comfy and look much more expensive than they were. I have maybe $5 into the whole thing. This is why I sew!
The finished product?
Ta Da!
I went looking for this pattern online and couldn't seem to find it but burda style has the exact same thing that you can download and print out here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment